Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Summer Flowers






Last fall I planted some perennial flowers. Our family has been able to enjoy them all spring and summer. The plants were not blooming last fall so it has been really fun to see what flowers came out and their color. The "biggest" suprise was the hollyhocks. I had no idea what color they were or that they would get over 8 1/2 feet tall! I planted them next to the stairs on the porch and they really look out of place. The color as it turned out was black! They are called a few different names including, After Midnight, and Arabian Knights. Incidently if you want some seeds I have thousands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is to funny, at the wedding Sat. Mom and I saw black Hollyhocks and I was telling her how much I love then and was looking forward to getting my yard together next year and planting some. Mom said I should call you for seeds. Jackie has tulips that are so purple they look black. I like those too. Your yard looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

We have black Hollyhocks too! I heard only really awsome people have black Hollyhocks.

We also have some red Hollyhocks. Let me know if you would like any seeds.